Certified Health, Safety and Environmental Manager (HSEM®)
Preventing falls. Ergonomics. Environmental impact. Workplace Safety. These are the headlines that are the day-to-day concerns of companies globally. Employers and human resource managers are looking for HSE managers who have a broad understanding of national & international regulations and industry standards that apply as well as keen management skills. It meets employer requirements for safety or industrial hygienist.
With HSEM® certification, you give yourself a competitive edge and strengthen your career options.
HSEM® tests technical knowledge of safety, health and environment plus working knowledge of business and financial principles and assesses your understanding of hazard analysis, accident investigation, safety audits, workers comp, product safety, environmental laws, labor relations, and more.
HRMI® is focused on putting you on the right path to advance your career. We accept various combinations of education and experience, while providing a straight-forward application process. Our Mentoring and Veteran’s Reimbursement programs are intended to provide HSE professionals with resources to be successful.
We want to celebrate your achievements. In 2018, HRMI® in association with World Green Economy Council (WGECO®) created the HSE Manager of the Year award to recognize HSE managers who have had a significant impact on their company’s safety practices, policies and procedures, or who have demonstrated leadership and inspired others to lead. Past winners of the highly esteemed award have represented Border Security, Gaming, Aerospace, and Healthcare industries.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree plus five qualifying years of work experience
- Candidates who possess a valid certification with similar education and experience requirements may meet the education and experience criteria without the submission of transcripts.
- Full time professional HSE management experience acceptable. Requires position duties with 50% or greater safety and health management related activities.
- Two years of part time experiences with 25% or greater safety and health management activities may be substituted for one full-time year
- HSE Leadership and commitment (17%)
- HSE Planning and Prevention (44%)
- Safety, Health and Environmental operations and applications (25%)
- Assessment and evaluation (14%)
AWARD OF CERTIFICATION
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be conferred the Certified Health, Safety & Environmental Manager (HSEM®) by HRMI®